Cloud Nine first opened in June 2017 – and as a content creator that specializes in amiibo training guides, you would think we would host official amiibo tournaments. Well, starting today, we are – Cloud Nine Amiibo League I takes place on the weekend of April 27th, 2018, and it’s open to all readers.
Cloud Nine Amiibo League tournaments follow the standard online tourney rules, but with a few exceptions. Be sure to read them carefully so that your entrant is not disqualified:
- Trainers can submit up to two amiibo
- Critical-hit capability, and Explosive perfect shield are banned
- Little Mac must have 0 points in Attack and cannot have any Attack-boosting bonuses
- Cloud cannot have more than 60 points in Attack and cannot have more than one Attack-boosting bonus
- Stat points cannot exceed a sum of 120
- All items are turned off
- Double elimination rule is in play
- Matches are two stocks and six minutes long
- Timeout matches go to the amiibo with less damage
- All matches are to be played on Smashville (non-Ω form)
As you might have noticed, the big change here is that all matches are played on Smashville. Typical Ω-form stages give characters like Cloud and Mario, who can easily break shields, an unfair advantage. On the other hand, Battlefield puts characters like Ness and Lucas at a disadvantage because they are unable to use PK Thunder 2 to attack.
Once your entrants are ready, and when you have confirmed that they are legal with the ruleset provided, send their .bin files to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26th at 11:59PM EST. If you don’t know how to submit your amiibo online, please read this page.
The tournament will be streamed on the weekend of April 27th. I will post an update with the link to the stream here as well. Best of luck to all entries! If you have any questions, please use the Contact form.